Thomas Cuthell and Sons have four funeral homes. These are located in Bo’ness, Denny, Grangemouth, and Falkirk. This allows us to serve the whole of Forth Valley as you are never too far from one of our premises. Each funeral home has service room and rest room facilities.
Thomas Cuthell and Sons first funeral home was at Bridgeness Road, Bo’ness. To this day we still operate from the same premises. We garage our vehicles here, prepare and furnish our coffins and have changing, showering and canteen facilities for our team. Our memorial workshops are also located at Bridgeness Road.
The first expansion of the business was into Denny during the late eighties. After some considerable time seeking appropriate premises, were able to purchase a plot of land and build a purpose built funeral home. The service room in Denny is used as much now as it ever has been.
In Grangemouth we have occupied two sites. Our first location was an old petrol station on Bo’ness Road. The canopy and underground tanks were removed and we changed the building into an office with a meeting room. We soon decided we needed service room and rest room facilities but we were declined permission to build on this site and we began seeking another site. After many years the ideal building became available and we purchased the Old Dundas Church from the Church of Scotland. We refurbished and changed some of the facilities within the building, without losing any of the original features of the church itself.
Our funeral home in Falkirk is another grand old building. This was first built in 1888 as a courthouse and is often still referred to as ‘The Old Sherriff Court’. We purchased the building in 2007 and after an extensive refurbishment turned this into our administrative hub. Some of the public rooms are on the first floor but this can be accessed by a lift or stairs.